Sunday, May 30, 2010

Patience is a Virtue but that doesn't mean it's EASY

I was very fortunate to have such an amazing Professor (Van Slyck) last semester, who held my hand and walked me through the “whole researching journey”. That is probably why it wasn’t too hard for me to find articles but I did have to constantly try different word searches. That eventually did take a bit of a toll on me. However, I kept telling myself how important this Annotated Bibliography was, and that’s what gave me the push to continue and finally finish. I had to be patient and determined. The most useful research skill I used was trying different words in the search key on EBSCO or on JSTOR. I was also actually super happy when I saw I could read the whole inside of The Odyssey because I knew I was done with what I thought would be the most difficult. A positive and negative was that I found so many interesting articles, that I couldn’t decide on just one topic because I felt I know had so much to say. Nevertheless, I am happy I came upon all the articles I did because though I won’t use all of them, I did learned about myths and different perspectives that I would have not thought of in a billion years.

1 comment:

  1. It is always great to have good professors that can teach and show us how to how to research articles for our research paper. Good thing you did not forget how to do this because you would've stressed yourself out like I did.

    ReplyDelete